Sunday 24 February 2013

Lush Lemon Cake

I figured that my first post had to be a pretty exciting one. I absolutely love baking (hope to open a patisserie in France one day!) so here are a couple of pictures of the gorgeous lemon sponge I just made.




I used a normal victoria sponge recipe; 8oz butter, flour, sugar and 3 eggs and added a few teaspoons of lemon juice to the batter. I sandwiched it together with a layer of both lemon curd and buttercream, and drizzled some runny lemon icing on the top. Delicious with a cup of tea!



A huge slice for me!

3 comments:

  1. Yummyyy! That looks delicious:)
    Good luck with your new blog!!xx
    xxxx
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, I'm Nicole, I see we started our blogs at the same time. Let's see if we can give eachother some support!

    Awesome recipe by the way, I will be trying it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy!! We must bake in Easter for deffo!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete